The holidays are fast approaching and you may be invited to various holiday festivities. You don’t want to look like plain Jane at your next holiday party. There are many hairstyles that are appropriate for the holidays, from a fancy updo to loose curls. It can be difficult to find the right hairstyle that fits your face and the overall occasion.
The Side Braid
If you have long hair, the side braid may be for you. For this hairstyle, gather your hair on one side and braid it tightly. Secure the end with an elastic band and spray with hairspray. Don’t worry about this hairstyle looking childish; a few loose pieces of hair along the crown will give it a stylish and adult upgrade.The holidays allow you to explore different styles and gives you the opportunity to show them off. Make your next holiday party a hit with one of these festive hairstyles.
The Faux Bob
This is a great way to look like you just got a super sexy and sassy short haircut, without chopping your locks. 1. Start by curling 3 inch sections of the hair all over the head with a wide-barrel curling iron.
2. Lock in the curls with a nonstick hair spray and shake them out to loosen them up.
3. Part your hair in half and take the bottom shelf of the hair in the back and tease with a teasing comb to create a base (a ball of hair that is a little rats nesty). This will be the base of your faux bob. Spray it with hairspray after it is teased and grab it a little to make it extra knotty.
4. Now grab a section of the waves you have created, tuck the tail into the base and pin it into the base with a large bobby pin.
5. Secure bob with open hair pins anywhere it feels loose.
6. If you have layers in the front of your hair that are bob length leave them out of the bob.
7. Secure with a nonstick spray like Blow’s Serious NonStick Spray.
“Naturally, Messy” Wave
Dispense a small amount of a lightweight styling product such as Sebastian’s Whipped Crème into damp hair
Part hair down the center of your scalp and blow dry straight with a paddle brush
Using a medium barrel curling iron curl a few small sections of the ends of the hair. Leaving some pieces straight will give a “not so perfect” look that will look natural and sexy
Rub small amount of shine serum like Riccardo Maggiore Luminoso Anti-Frizz Drops, on hands and gently run fingers through hair to separate curls.
The chignon can take you from dinner with your boyfriend’s parents to a cocktail party without missing a beat. The classic chignon can be centered, but looks very alluring when placed to one side.